Over boeken en lezen zijn er heel wat fijne, grappige, interessante quotes te vinden.Via deze rubriek deel ik deze bekende en minder bekende uitspraken met jullie.
Mijn bedoeling is om met jullie van gedachten te wisselen:
- Zijn jullie het eens met de quote? Waarom wel of niet?
- Waaraan doet deze jullie denken?
Van 8 juni 2017 tot en met 8 maart 2020 hield ik deze rubriek bij op mijn Hebban-boekenblog.
De volgende quotes kwamen toen aan bod:
1. Read the best books first, or you may not have a chance to read them at all (Henry David Thoreau)
2. No two persons ever read the same book (Edmund Wilson)
3. If you only read books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking (Haruki Murakami)
4. There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page and closing the book (Josh Jameson)
5. Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore? (Henry Ward Beecher)
6. Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood (John Green)
7. There is a great deal of difference between an eager man who wants to read a book and a tired man who wants a book to read (Gilbert K. Chesterton)
8. A good book has no ending (R.D. Cumming)
9. Reading should not be presented to children as a chore, a duty. It should be offered as a gift. (Kate DiCamillo)
10. Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)
11. Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)
12. Graphic novels are not traditional literature, but that does not mean they are second-rate. Images are a way of writing. When you have the talent to be able to write and to draw, it seems a shame to choose one. I think it's better to do both. (Marjane Satrapi)
13. To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. (Edmund Burke)
14. A book is a gift you can open again and again. (Garrison Keillor)
15. The love of books is a love which requires neither justification, apology, nor defense. (J.A. Langford)
Sinds 8 maart 2020 ben ik echter overgeschakeld van mijn Hebban-boekenblog naar deze blog.
Hier kwamen de volgende quotes reeds aan bod: