To sleep or not to sleep? That is the question!

 

 


Do you want to listen to an original bedtime story?

Or have you ever wondered what books are up to during the night?

Read on to discover both!

 

 

The last few weeks I'm not feeling very well.
Thats why there's a lot of me-time, resting, reading and sleeping on my program.

Most nights however I sleep only a few hours.


Talking about this with a friend, she suggested to read the humorous book Go the Fuck to Sleep, which is written by Adam Mansbach and illustrated by Ricardo CortΓ©s.

Or rather, she suggested to listen to the audio version narrated by Samuel L. Jackson.

Although he's not one of my favourite actors, I've got to say that he did a marvellous job!
Judge for yourself (and keep listening till the end)
πŸ˜„

My review can be read here

 


 

 

Finally everyone is asleep and everything is quiet …

But have you ever wondered what happens in a bookshop at night?

Bookshop “TYPE books” in Toronto knows the answer!

Watch and enjoy πŸ˜‰

 


 

 

8 comments:

  1. Listening to the Samuel L. Jackson version is like overhearing babysitter Snoop Dogg through the intercom system yelling at your kids to get in their fr*gg*ng beds already and shut their g*dd*mn pieholes or else!

    "Type Books" in Toronto - now that's a bookshop I'd like to pay a visit after midnight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

      There are lots of original book shops (and libraries) all around the world which are worth a visit, Bohse!
      To be continued ...
      Maybe we should organize a trip to these heavenly places someday? πŸ˜‹

      Delete
  2. Those books in Toronto do get a lot of exercise. Would like to pay a visit after closing time as well, just to see the action. But probably, the books only do it when nobody is watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They absolutely do, Glawen!
      And yes, I think you're right about that πŸ˜‰
      By the way, did you know that your reaction just gave me the inspiration for tomorrow's article? πŸ˜„

      Delete
  3. You're welcome Tau. Always ready to lend a helping hand πŸ˜‰. I am curious what you have in store for us tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a surprise! You know me, always full of surprises.
      Or paraphrasing Forrest Gump: "I'm like a box of chocolates. You never know what you gonna get." πŸ˜‹

      Just one more night and tomorrow morning you'll discover it πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  4. Well, it's good to see you are an early bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not necessarily, Glawen.
      Contrary to a Hebban-blog, here on blogspot you can write an article and let it appear whenever you want.
      So maybe I was still sleeping. Who knows? πŸ˜‹

      Actually I could write a whole bunch of aricles in advance and decide on which days and hours they're published.
      But that's not my way of working.
      As I'm rather spontaneous, my articles are often written at the last minute πŸ˜‰

      Delete